Thursday, May 6, 2010

In Praise of Husbands...

My hair is a mess...
I slept in my makeup
And these pajamas
Have seen better days...
Yet
He
Still
Holds me close
And whispers
"I love you"
Before he leaves
For work
In the morning...
This is the love that I longed for.
This is the love
That I wrote about,
Dreamed about,
Prayed about,
And this is the love
God has blessed me with.
He may never know
How much it means,
That he holds my hand
When we cross the street,
But I do...
He may never know
How much it means,
When he smiles at me...
When his eyes crinkle,
Sparkle,
At me
When we laugh,
But I do...
He holds me when I cry;
He joins me when I laugh;
He calms the drama
When I've gone overboard,
And he throws me a
Lifeline
Back to
Sanity.
He points me toward
The love of the
Father
And teaches me
Lessons I could have never learned
In school...
Through storms and calm...
Through sickness, and in health...
Through life and through death...
Through richer and poorer...
And through everything
In between,
We have seen so much,
Yet he has never
Wavered...
His hand has held mine
Through it all...
My husband is a
Blessing
To me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers