Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Catching up--Time for the Cooley's Christmas Adventures!

I guess it's been a week now, since the Day From Hell. It was, too--I think I just hit some kind of nuclear low, and couldn't wrap my head around it. Ever have that happen? You get in a funk, and can't get yourself out, even with prayer? I'm always amazed by how, if we ask for it, Jesus sends us help in the funniest ways. On that day, He sent me a friend who reminded me to get my head out of my rear (she was much nicer than that), and I totally appreciated it. Since then, I've been okay-things are good!
Part of my struggles for the last 8 months have had to do with the fact that my husband was working an opposite shift. I'd be in bed by 8 (I get up at 4); he'd be home at 9:30. So, for the past 8 months, I've only seen my husband on the weekends. It's maddening, especially during pregnancy. It's not only the loneliness; it's the fact that there are nights that I'm so tired by the time I get home from work, that it's all I can do to make myself a bagel for dinner! I've missed having an extra set of hands around the house!! :)
That being said, his schedule has recently changed to where we have a little bit of time together in the evenings. I can honestly say that there is nothing so wonderful as simply sitting on the couch, snuggled in with my beloved, and having him to talk to. I know, I'm being mushy. But I've missed him terribly, and it's so nice to have him around!
This is the time of the year where David and I begin to have a seriously over-packed social calendar. If there's a Christmas event in St. Louis, we're probably planning on trying to attend it! This year, we'll be tackling Faith Church's "Believe" performance; Alton, IL's Transiberian Orchestra Tribute Concert (I've seen TSO live, and Alton's TSO, and loved them both!), Christmas on the Hill, a Community Choir concert in Kirkwood, and Lord only knows what else!  Well...that's the plan...We'll see.
Truth be told, getting through the work week is my biggest priority. I need to stay at 40 hours as long as possible, to build up my PTO for my maternity leave. It's pretty tiring--I've already passed up some really cool Christmas adventures (Our Lady of the Snows, in a convertible?!? Argh!) because I just can't handle it. 35 and Pregnant is a LOT different than 28 and pregnant! I'm pretty wore out--not that I'm complaining! Couldn't be happier, really!!!
So, Christmas in St. Louis is something I will be navigating with wisdom. Speaking of, there's wisdom in asking for prayer when you need it. I definitely do! 
We've hit the third trimester, which, according to the perinatologist, is the "critical time." Pretty soon, I'll have additional cardiac testing, and he's watching me and baby like a hawk. I need a combination of peace, patience, and more peace--and I need my body to cooperate! He's adjusting my medications accordingly, and I've begun the weekly visits to his office just a little bit earlier than anticipated. So, your prayers are appreciated.
That being said, all is well...We're scheduled to have "official" maternity pictures fairly soon, which I look forward to sharing with you.
I'm thankful for a great many things this Thanksgiving season; one of the things I am the most thankful for, are the friends and family that I know I can rely on for laughter, friendship, and prayers. Have a blessed, wonderful Thanksgiving, y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive