Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Grumpy Cats and Grapes...

Titles have never really been my thing...:)
I have become particularly enamored with Grumpy Cat (AKA "Tardar Sauce"). If you're unfamiliar with this Internet icon, I recommend you take a look here
I find it hilarious; the blend of sarcasm, wit, and cranky-face, just makes me laugh.  It's not always appropriate...but you can't help but laugh at her.
I thought about trying to take Grumpy Cat, and liken it to some great spiritual truth, but it's not going to happen. This is kind of a fluff piece...
It's a simple nod to a couple of things that make me smile: Red grapes from Aldi's, and Grumpy Cat. And yes, I am thankful for them.
Lately, there's been a storm of drama brewing . I have a lot of questions that need some answers; I'm finding myself tongue-tied, and I don't know how to deal with the situation. My best efforts seem to be ignored, misunderstood, or just messed up. Things aren't coming out right and/or when I have tried to say something, it's not being heard. I feel a little powerless, but it's okay. I don't know how it's going to be worked out.
All I know is that one way or another, it's going to be worked out.
I tend to obsess over these things, and to really worry about the fact that there isn't a resolution...but right now, I'm a little busy.
Sorry, drama...I don't have time to worry about you. It doesn't mean that I don't care; in fact, I care VERY much. It's just that I can see this isn't going anywhere. I can see that nothing I say will make it right...and I can see that it's not about me. I can see that for once in my life, I don't want to get in the middle of this.
Instead, I am going to do my best to stay on the outside. I'll get drug in for a few things; I'll have some collateral damage when emotions get the best of certain people, and they unhinge on me. It happens, and it's okay. I'm going to do my best to not take it personally.
I am going to focus on the simple things that bring me joy.
It's not selfish; it's survival.
I'm going to read my Grumpy Cat memes, and laugh.
I'm going to enjoy my Red Grapes from Aldis, and be thankful.
I'm going to pray about most of this...
And most importantly, I'm going to go home to the nucleus of my family...to my husband, and my son, and I am going to celebrate the insulated refuge called home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive