Monday, April 7, 2014

Update!! Yay!!!

After two weeks with the worst bronchitis that I think I've ever had, I finally have some really good news! The inhaler and the Lasix are working fantastically, and I'm feeling much better, but that's not the best news of all: the best news is that based on my most recent echocardiogram from last week, my heart is functioning at 55%! That's completely normal, and that's the best percentage I've seen since my first diagnosis in 2006! I'm so excited!!!!!!! We still don't know why there's fluid in my lungs, but WHO CARES?!?? 
The biggest reason the doctor ordered all the tests to begin with, it's because the bronchitis wasn't responding to the breathing treatments, steroids, and antibiotics. I guess it was just a really, really resistant bronchitis. I was honestly pretty scared for a while. The doctors first thought was that either I was in congestive heart failure, or that I had a pulmonary embolism. That's a blood clot in the lungs, and that was pretty freaky, especially since I have a blood clotting disorder. So although she was justified in ordering a test that she ran, it was even more confusing when the test results came back as fairly normal. Needless to say, last week was both frustrating and scary. I did a lot of praying, and a lot of crying, because anytime anything goes wrong with my heart, my first thought is whether or not I'm going to see this little boy grow up! I knew in my head that God has everything under control, but I still let the emotion get to me. Maybe someday I'll grow out of that. It's good to know that I have a doctor that is thorough; this was my second round of bad bronchitis this winter, and I'm so over it. Come on spring!
I just want to thank everyone for their prayers and their understanding. I missed a lot of work, and I'm way behind, so when I go back tomorrow I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm really thankful for my husband keeping track of everything while I was down for the count. Now he's not feeling well, so I'm hoping he gets through this quickly. I think that allergies have complicated everything for everyone in my house!!!
I'm so incredibly thankful to have such a great report back on my heart! I go back to my cardiologist in June for a follow-up visit, and I can't wait to go over this good news with him. Since the echocardiogram was done at a different place than what my cardiologist uses, he'll probably have me redo the test. I know it's going to be fantastic!
Again, thank you for your prayers! I finally believe that that's what This round of bronchitis from getting even more serious. I'm still taking it easy, and I'll say on the inhaler as long as I need to. Thank God for medicine! (And I'm totally hitting the Vitamin C!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers