Thursday, February 18, 2016

Random....

My heart aches tonight, and it has, all day.
I read a letter that I wrote to my daughter last year, as it was published this morning in a collection. Even reading my own words, even when they're as optimistic as they could possibly be, hurts.
I will never be whole, no matter what I try.
Is that how it is to be?
I watched a 30-second video of her in the NICU; I have yet to watch it without feeling the air sucked out of my lungs, even as I am surrounded by beautiful pictures of my beautiful son...
It will be 10 years this October.
My heart hurts, even as I remind myself of the hope I have in Jesus.
It still hurts.
Usually, I'm much more loquacious in my blogs; perhaps in my breviy this evening, the point is made even louder:
It hurts.
I miss her.
My friends with little girls the same age...I can't even begin to disguise my envy and my curiosity...
It hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers