Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Other People Stole My Memories...

Disclaimer: I've been sick with the stomach flu, and I just took something for the God-awful body pain that I've been in for 3 days. I should totally be in bed, but something on Facebook just tripped the writer's trigger, so if I don't write, my head will probably explode. I'm okay, just shaken, so don't take this as some kind of off-the-wagon head trip into the padded cell. It's just writing, people, and we're all a work in progress...

Other People Stole My Memories...

I saw your post online...
How your daughter sang your son to sleep...
How you heard her angelic voice over the
Monitor in the nursery...
I saw your hashtag:
#ProudMama
Did you know it would break my heart
Into a million pieces?
Of course not--how could you?
You have so many beautiful
Rights to boast...
So many beautiful children...
Voices ringing down your halls...
Birthdays to celebrate...
Songs to sing...
Ruffles and glitter and
Everything glorious.
You deserve it all.
I'm not jealous...
No...
It's just that sometimes...
Sometimes...
I wonder what your life is like?
Did you know she'd be 8
In October?
You're not the only friend I wonder about...
If we switched lives
For just one moment.
If I could see what you see--
Hear what you hear...
Older singing to younger;
What's it like?
Please don't think I'm not grateful;
Words can't express how much I
Thank God for
What
For
Who
I hold in my arms each night.
He is everything to me,
The small one...
The mighty one...
The one who Survived The Odds...
He is the strong one...
The one who was promised to me
And I have
No
Regrets.
But sometimes...
Sometimes...
I imagine what it would be like
To hear my angel
Singing to her brother
Down the halls...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive