Sunday, October 31, 2010

"Gaining Ground"

I have mud on my feet
I have dirt on my face
From this side track that's taken
My eyes off of You...
I have scuffed up my shoes
I have holes in my jeans
From this side track that's taken
My eyes off of You
And I fall
Down...
Face
Down
And I fell
Down
But You picked me up
Again...
I have scars on my heart
You have scars on Your hands
And You put me back on
The course that You've set for my life...
I'm not dressed to be seen
In the Presence of Love
But You set me upright
And embrace me with all of Your heart...
And I fall
Down
Face
Down
And I fall
Down
And kneel at the feet of Your
Grace...
Is there anything You
Can't do?
Is there any hurt You
Can't heal?
Is there any distance?
A height,
Or a depth;
Is there any path
That can take me away from
Your Love?
The only thing
You couldn't do
Is to love me
More
Than You already do...
I have mud on my feet
I have dirt on my face
But I got it while
Playing
Outside in the rain
Of Your Love...
And I fall
Down
Face
Down,
And I fall
Down
And You pick me up
Just to dance with me
Just to spin me around
Just to hold me again
In Your arms, once again
There is laughter
And life,
There is grace
And there's peace...
And we fall down...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive