Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 2: Where I'd like to be in 10 years...

Funny you should ask.
6 months ago, I would have said that I hoped I still worked for the same company, or that I hoped I had my graduate degree...that I hoped I was teaching at a good school, and that I hoped I was out of debt.
Things have changed.
My goals have changed.
In 10 years, I would like to be alive. Healthier. Skinnier. More disciplined.
In 10 years, I would like to be debt-free.
In 10 years, I would like to say that the two things I struggle with the most (money and food) are hard-won battles that I am finished with...
In 10 years, I would like to know Jesus closer, better, more intimately, and more decisively.
I would like to say, in 10 years, that I have learned from my mistakes,
That I have learned to be a better parent,
And that my son never felt like I passed him by for my own devices.

I would like for my son to understand at least a small percentage of how much he is loved...

I would like for my husband to still want to hold my hand when we cross the street...to still be by my side...but not to snore any louder. :)

I would like to have a bigger garden, and to have continued my streak of avoiding speeding tickets.

I don't know if I'll make it back to school; I'm torn on the subject right now, even as I'm looking at a calender that has an academic adviser's meeting scheduled for next month. I don't know if I can physically handle the demands of the job, the home, the parenthood, the...etc.... I'm afraid. I'm walking on ice, and I feel like I could break through any second now....or fall under.

10 years from now, I hope I look back on this little blog, and I say, "Look at that--I did it. And it was just fine."

I don't know what my future holds, and I can't sit here and worry about it. My 6 month-old is teething, and we are at our wits' end as to how to bring him peace. All I know about my next 10 years is this:

No matter what happens...no matter what I do or do not do...no matter if I get that graduate degree, find a better-paying job, or stop working altogether...no matter if I ever get to sing background vocals for Jewel (!) or write my Great American Novel...No matter what happens,

Jesus loves me.

And that's really all I care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive