Saturday, December 5, 2009

"Distance"

The distance
Between us
What it is,
What it was,
What it should
And shouldn’t be
Threatens me
Threatens to tear down
The façade I’ve
Painted on…
This isn’t what I thought
It would be…
I’m not where I thought
I would be…
Can I stop the spinning
World in its orbit
Until I can find my
Bearings, again?
Where did I go?
And who is this staring
Back at me?
I see shards and pieces
That remind me
You are there…
The big picture
Still eludes me
And I find myself
Wandering…
Wondering…
Does it matter?
And why do I care
What anyone else thinks of
Me?
Sometimes it’s easier
To disappear
In the world in my head,
But my heart pulls me back
To the reality
You’ve given me…
Can I give some of it back?
It’s too heavy to face on my own,
When I feel
So alone…
I know
You’re there,
But sometimes
I get so focused on
What I’m missing
That I don’t see
You
Looking back at me,
Down on me,
Over me,
All around me,
You’re there…
And I can put
One foot
In front of
The other
Again…
Each step takes me
Closer
To
You…
The distance
Between us
What it is,
What it was,
What it should
Be…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers