Monday, October 19, 2009

Busy week!

I always feel like I have subconscious intro music playing when I say this...but I have a cardiology appointment next week (dun dun duuuuunnnnn!!!!!). I really, truly don't like these appointments, not because I don't like my doctor (I do, he's a rock star!), but because they're incredibly stressful. Tomorrow, I'm going to get labwork done, to check the basics like cholesterol, glucose, etc., and I'm also getting that monster called a C-Reactive Protein checked out. The CRP tells if there's inflammation in the body, and mine's been elevated for quite some time. It's been coming down, slowly but surely, for the last year; I'd like to see it completely normalized. I'm anxious to do these tests, because I think the changes to my numbers is going to be drastic. I'm down 33 pounds now, and darn it, it's got to pay off somewhere!!!!!
This past weekend, I crashed and burned...I had some crap food that I know was bad for me, and now I'm paying for it with an awesome eczema breakout on my face. Fan-freakin-tastic. I'm hoping it doesn't affect my lab results.
These labs...they're pretty important. Here's how it works: If the labs are good, I'm going to the cardiologist next week, and am telling him to take me off of my last medication that I use for my heart. He's already cut the dose in half, and I'd like to be done with it, already. My hope is that soon, if not now, he'lll write me some kind of letter saying that in his professional opinion, my cardiomyopathy has resolved. Then the fun begins:
I'm on COBRA benefits from David's last job. Thanks to Mr. Obama, that rate has been discounted for the last few months...it's going to go up very soon, and when that happens, it will be almost unaffordable. I've been speaking with a woman who specializes in hard-to-insure folks like me, and we're pretty sure I'll be able to get a decent family rate with that company...but I KNOW I can get a good rate if I can get the cardiologist to let me go. I'd also like to be able to have a decent life insurance policy--not huge, but decent. Right now, I'm on year 3 of a 5-year term, and that's no good. It's just not much of a plan in case something happens.
So, the lab work is more than routine for me. It's going to affect quite a few things, whether it's good or bad. I'm nervous, but hopeful....like I said, all of this hard work has to pay off somewhere!
As for the culinary crash-and-burn this weekend...I'd like to blame it on everything but the obvious, but let's be truthful: This time of the year is weighing on me (no pun intended, sheesh). So, I fell of the wagon, which was not good...but I got right back up and on it, so there we go. I'm hoping that got it out of my system (By the way, the tiramisu at Viviano's stinks. Go to Amici's in Kirkwood. If you're going to cheat, you may as well do it right...but you didn't hear that from me!).
I'll let you know what the cardiologist says, and how our SHARE Walk goes on Saturday!!!
Love and Tiramisu!

To make a donation for the SHARE Walk in honor of Hannah, please visit:
http://www.active.com/donate/sharewalk2009/TeamHannahsHope

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive