Thursday, October 22, 2009

Some thoughts about the SHARE Walk...

The SHARE Walk for Remembrance and Hope is on Saturday, and I'm truly looking forward to it...Emotions run high at these events. For some parents, it's their first year since their babies passed away; for others, the grief has hung over them like a heavy blanket, leaving them unable to keep walking. There are a lot of tears; but I don't want you to think that it's a bunch of parents sitting there crying over what could have been. We miss our babies, period, and this is one of the few times we can get together with a sense of understanding everyone around us...this is a safe place for us to cry, without anyone telling us that we "need to move on", or that we should "get over it" (and yes, I've heard it all). If we cry, so what? Our hearts are sad, at that moment, and it's okay.
However, our little group has something different: We have hope, and a lot of parents who have lost children, have lost hope. We have the love of Jesus, and the knowledge that our Hannah is with Him. I believe in Heaven, and I know that when I get there, I've got a baby girl to spend some make-up time with. That, to me, warrants a kind of celebration, and that's what the SHARE Walk is for me. It's a celebration of the life that I have, of the life that I held, and of the life in eternity that we all have waiting for us. I may cry, because I'm human, I'm a mommy, and I miss my baby girl...but I will also celebrate. That blanket of grief, for me, is gone, and that season of my life has passed. It doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt; it means that my walk has continued, and the seasons have changed to times of life, times of hope, and the time where laughter has come again, come what may.
I know that might sound cheesy...but Saturday, to me, is the chance to honor my little girl, to celebrate those of you who have touched her life, and our lives, and to remind all of us that we'll see her again...and that when we do see her again, we never have to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive