Friday, October 23, 2009

Simple...

Make it simple...
Give me the words,
Put the voice in my throat
And show me how to say
Every little word
You want to hear...
I'll wear what you want
Just to hear you say
You like
Something
I've Done...
Make it simple...
Put my hands in position;
I'll be your mannequin
Striking the pose
That will make you
Come-hither
Again...
Just to hear you say
You think
I'm pretty...
Make it simple...
Straighten my hair;
Smooth out the curls
So it lies flat enough
To draw your attention
Make it whatever color
Whatever direction
Anything
Just to hear you say
You think
I'm beautiful...
The shiny has worn off
And now I am here
And I can't remember
What I really look like
Underneath it all...
When I stand here alone
What do I see in that mirror?
Who is that person?
Did I even know her in the first place?
And if I did,
Why did I let her
Become
So
Unrecognizable
Behind
The Complications
of
Being
Simple?
Even
Ordinary
Isn't
Always
Good
Enough.

So,
Here I go
And I will
Make it
Simple
On
My
Own....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive