Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 6: Write 30 Interesting Facts About Yourself

30 interesting things about me?!?!?  What the heck? I'm kinda boring. Okay, but this will be SO random, and potentially self-incriminating:
1. I don't tolerate alcohol well. Seriously--I'm a cheap date. I usually save the glass of wine for home.
2. If I miss my cup of coffee in the morning, heads will roll. Usually my husbands. Me - Coffee = Trainwreck. I tried to give it up during my pregnancy, but I kinda failed. Half-caff was a good change, but I'm back, baby!
3. Although I will periodically gain and lose, I've pretty much been the same size since college. Kinda frustrating, but I guess it's kinda good...I mean, at least I'm not twice the size I was in college, right? I'd like to get back to my high school weight...but who wouldn't?
4.  I really, really like wheeling and dealing online. Resale sites on Facebook are my new thing, but at least once a year, if I have the time, I will overhaul my closet and make a killing on eBay. And no, I WILL NOT SELL THINGS FOR YOU. That's my solemn vow to myself. I've tried it before, and it just ends up in hurt feelings. I barely sell things for my husband.
5. If I could get a publishing deal, I'd love to spend my life writing books or novels...but my first love is children's books. I have some brilliant (IMHO) ideas for stories that I can't wait to tell JD.
6. I really, really miss singing. I don't ever want to headline, but I'd love doing BGVs for someone. Dream act: Jewel, hands down. Or Sarah Mac. I do not, however, want to be a BGVist who has to manage choreography. The Dap Kings can have all of that they want; it's not for me.
7. I'd someday like to try my hand at being a professional product reviewer. I actually think it'd be a perfect fit; I like stuff, and I like to write. However, I have no idea how to get into that field.
8.  I am a die-hard 7-day Creationist. It's non-negotiable, and no, it isn't because my Sunday School teacher made me that way. It's because I've done the research, attended the seminars, read the books (it's been a while, though), and formed my own opinion. I will not argue or debate this with anyone; you're all entitled to your beliefs. I will never call evolution OR Creation a "Fact;" scientifically, it's all a theory, which is why I believe BOTH should be taught in schools. I've studied 4 major theories of theistic evolution, along with evolution, and 7-day Creation. I stand with the 7-dayers--it's what I believe, and I'm entitled to it.
9. I stick my feet in my mouth a lot. Figuratively, of course--have you seen me?!? I could never be that flexible.
10. I'm much braver on paper.
11. I use coffee filters to wax my eyebrows. (Is that "interesting?" Or just plain weird? It's a tip I found in Lucky magazine. Works incredibly well.)
12.  My car will hit 200,000 miles this month. I'm thinking of throwing her a party.
13.  Speaking of my car, she is indelibly a "she." I've named every car I've ever owned; the CooleyCamry is officially known as "Grandma Obama." I call her this, because when I got my first license plate on my "grandma" car (it's an old Toyota, and there's like, a million grandmas who drive that model), the plate started with "OBM." So, it was either "Grandma Obama" or "Oh, BM!" I've also owned "The Yeti" (Ford Tempo with broken automatics seatbelt) and "The Beast" (1979 Ford Fairmont). I will never drive another Ford product. The Camry is, hands down, the greatest car I have ever known. She was given to me, and she is my Israelite sandals.
14.  My hair is naturally curly. However, it did not become so, until I was 13. Talk about an eye-opener!!!
15.  I am, at 5'7", the tallest female in my entire family (blood family, not step). And, I'm taller than most of the guys. Mom's adopted, so I'm thinking whoever her bio-dad was, must have been tall. My sister is exactly 5', and even though she beat me up all of the time (even after I outgrew her), I didn't take advantage of my height/weights supremacy until I was 18. Then, I kicked her @$$, haha! And then...Mom kicked mine. Seriously. (Funniest story of my life. Still can't tell it without practically crying).
16.   I have loved flamingos since the 4th grade, when the two cool girls (Rachael and Jenny) liked flamingos, and I wanted to fit in. However, I realized that I really, TRULY liked the fluffy pink things, and it's been a lifelong love. They're one of the only things I can actually draw well; I drew a children's book called "Frankie the Flamingo Goes to the Chiropractor" for my old boss, and I think it rocked. (Of course I do!)
17.  Leaving my son behind every day that I go to work is not getting easier. Anyone who says it does is a filthy liar.
18.  If David would let me, I'd have at least 5 other tattoos. As it is, I have one (my late daughter's footprint), and am planning one more. If I didn't get one more, JD would grow up and be jealous.
19.  There are over 17,000 songs on my iPod. Music is my biggest addiction; I can't work without it.
20.  I grow increasingly agoraphobic as I get older, much like my mother. I don’t like crowds, and I don’t like concerts. I get invited to them all of the time, but they freak me out. Don’t touch me!!
21.  It’s pretty rare for me to drink soda. I mean, yes, I have my morning coffee…but other than that, I am one of the biggest water drinkers you will ever meet. I like water. It’s good for me, and it may be my only healthy habit. J
22.  I think pop culture is very important. Raising a child in this world requires a careful balance between insulating and alienating. I want my son to see “The Wizard of Oz,” and to know who Pink Floyd is. It doesn’t mean that I make him listen to boatloads of Led Zepplin or Jay-Z; it just means that maybe I play a snippet of them, so that he knows who those people are. Maybe I play “Lose Yourself” for him, but follow it with KJ-52. I want him to appreciate the musical genius of these artists, but to also appreciate that you can be a musical genius with a heart for God, kinda like Keegan Fowler, LOL.
23.  I absolutely cannot play an instrument, and I flunked Music Theory. Twice. This is why I say I am a singer, not a musician. There’s a huge difference. I can hear what I’m supposed to sing, but don’t tell me to sing a third. Not happening—you add numbers, and I’m confused. Totally left-brained.
24.  I don’t feel 35. I’ve never felt my age. I think I still feel 27, and perhaps, I still look it. You can only see my wrinkles when I’m totally exhausted, so I’m hanging on…Thanks, Mom!
25.  My most favorite TV show of all time is “Alias.” Sydney Bristow is my homegirl. Favorite movie: “The Princess Bride,” naturally.
26. When David and I got married, we danced to “A Moment Like This,” by Kelly Clarkson. Not because we liked the song—it was unspeakably cheesy, and we knew it. We had no idea what to dance to; David doesn’t dance, and we look ridiculous when we try. But we had only danced together one other time, to that song, so it made sense. Still can’t hear it without getting a little teary-eyed.
27.  When I was in college, I would go to 18-up clubs and dance my rear off. I’d dance on the bar, on a table, you name it; I’d hear people ask my friends, “How drunk is she?!?!” Never drunk. Stone-cold sober. I just like to dance.
28. In fact, I have never been what most people would define as “drunk.” See #1—it doesn’t take much for me to feel  a little tipsy, which is usually followed by a bit of a headache. That’s my warning, and that’s when I stop. I’ve seen too many people get drunk and hurl, which is not pretty.  My bio-dad is a full-blown, hardcore alcoholic, so I respect the stuff.
29. I have never smoked anything. Nothing—never tried, which I’m really proud of. I promised God I wouldn’t…and He gave me a vocal scholarship to college, which was astounding, because I’m not that good of a singer (mediocre at best—see #23).
30.  I am actually a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do (from age 13). I can still do a mean spinning kick. And I can deliver a knockout Right. Don’t test me, fool.

So, there you go—30 different/interesting facts about boring old me. I don’t think they were that interesting, but the challenge required it. There you go—nothing spiritual, nothing emotional, and nothing all that revolutionary….Just another day in The Random of Cassidy. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive