Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 8: A Moment That You Felt the Most Satisfied in Life

I'm not an easily satisfied person. If I had to choose, though, I'd say that one of the times in life that I felt the most satisfied, was when I realized I'd seriously gotten married! I was so scared, so convinced that it was crazy...but it wasn't. We had our hilarious ceremony, but it was afterward, when we were taking our pictures, that it kinda sunk in-we'd gotten married!! And since God hadn't struck us all with lightening like I'd asked Him too (if we shouldn't do this act of insanity), then we were following His plan!
We had so much fun taking pictures, that we were over an hour late getting to the reception....
But we were GLORIOUSLY happy!!! And satisfied in God's will...
Other days of perfection were hard-fought: the births of our children. Being a wife & a mom is my greatest goal in life...period. I've won a few really cool academic awards/scholarships...had a few cool professional things happen...but only being a wife-then-mom makes me feel fulfilled. The only other time I can remember coming remotely close is the feeling I've had after performing in a musical, LOL-there's nothing quite as awesome as that feeling when you've sang your guts out, & you know you did good! So, I'd like to do that again...
Satisfaction is something that I know can truly only be found in Christ. Finding time to seek Him as thoroughly as I'd like can be difficult with such a hectic schedule; but I know He is what makes even the tiniest tasks "satisfying." That's a goal for me...making Him my satisfaction, above my roles that I play...It's Child of God, wife, mom, daughter, employee....CFO....housekeeper...bargain shopper...brownie chef....eh, you get the point!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive