Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 11: Assault of the iPod

I've actually REALLY been looking forward to today's post. I think a playlist says a lot about a person. So, today's challenge is to put your iPod on shuffle, and list the first 10 songs that played. Here's my list:


  1.   “Joe Cool Blues” by Wynton Marsalis (I kid you not, that was the first song. I officially feel cooler than I did 10 minutes ago)
  2.  “Bye Bye Bye” by ‘N Sync (Consider my "cool" feeling utterly destroyed)
  3. “Kiss the Rain” by Yiruma (Yep--it's from the "Twilight" soundtrack. Shut up.)
  4.  “Don’t Need A Reason” by Missy Higgins (Just a good singer. I really like her music).
  5.  “Don’t Talk (Put Your Head on My Shoulder”) by The Beach Boys (I hate The Beach Boys. Or should I say, I dislike their "lead" singer? I lost a lot of respect for him after seeing part of a free concert of theirs a few years ago. I thought he was terribly rude.)
  6.    “Above All” by Steve Fee and Candi Pearson (I have a lot of worship music on here, so I'm a bit surprised that only one song came up)
  7. “Shelter From the Storm (Alternate Version)” by Bob Dylan (Kind of like Michael W Smith--I'm not a fan of the voice, but I like the lyrics. I just got my cool factor back!)
  8.   “Creep” by Macy Gray (I love this version of this song. It's totally brilliant...minus Macy's weird need to drop F-bombs in the chorus!!! TOTALLY RUINS IT! I'm like, did you REALLY have to do that?!? It's so good, without it!)
  9.     “Memory” by Sarah Brightman (Amazing. Perfect. Vocal history. Not enough words, to describe this woman's voice)
  10. “Secret” by The Veronicas (Questionable band. I like them...but I don't know why.)
So, there you go. Form your own opinions. I've been in the process of trying to filter my music collection (bye, Tupac. Sigh), as it's time to grow up. It's time to purify.  So, slowly-but-surely, things are getting deleted....and I'm feeling a whole lot better about listening to my iPod around my son...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive