Thursday, February 13, 2014

Getting Consistent

Well, I said I was going to try and write every day...and today is day 2. Anddddd....I almost forgot. So, thanks to technology, I'm writing this while soaking in a tub. "What's that?!?" you say?!? "You have time to soak in a TUB?!? Aren't you a MOM?!?" Why yes-yes, I am! And my mother has kidnapped my child for the weekend. No-it has nothing to do with V-Day (okay, maybe it does, just a little bit)-it has to do with some in-law family stuff we need prayer for. My MIL is having major surgery, which is sad. I'm hoping it makes her life better after her recovery.
So, after buckling my baby boy into the Gram-Caddy, my house is breathtakingly empty. I feel gutted-it feels like a black hole ate my house. A home without a baby, that's used to having a baby, is a very scary feeling for me, & I am honestly scared. Anxiety is threatening my psyche; I'm not being intentionally melodramatic here. I just hate not having him here. David is already intervening with kindness & hugs; sometimes, he's the Cure for my brand of Crazy. He gets me.
So, I'm going to try to enjoy this weekend (thus, the bath-I've been in here for 45 minutes. #WetNoodle). My mom is supposed to keep me updated...and I expect regular posts on Facebook!
If you notice that my fingernails are chewed off, now you know why. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive