Sunday, February 16, 2014

Lip Service on Sunday Mornings....

So, when I said I was going to be honest on this blog, I meant it. Some Sunday mornings just feel like I'm sitting here paying lip service to God. Like, I'm here. I've turned in my two-three hours...I'm good. Worship is "nice." The sermon is "nice." Blah, blah, blah.
Today is one of those days. I'm checked out. I could make the effort to check in, but why? Can't I just be like 20-40% of the typical congregation, & jump on my tablet/phone/laptop, etc.? I'm tired-God, can't I just get a free pass?
Really?!?
He's the Maker of the Stars, & I want to bypass actively engaging in worship because "I'm tired."
How and why does He put up with me?!?
Other people in this room are crying out to God. They recognize their place, but I'm still here...on my tablet. So is the guy next to me...the guy in front of me...I don't know-I really can't and shouldn't judge. Maybe their electronic devices are some kind of gateway for their Divine Revelation.
I have a choice: Engage. Acknowledge. Worship. Learn. Fellowship.
Or
See how well my electronic device does at redeeming my soul.

He misses me.
He wants to hear my voice.
He loves me...

He deserves far more than Lip Service on a Sunday Morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive