Friday, February 21, 2014

Sunshine, Mini-vans, and Jake Owen...

SUNSHINE!!!!!
THERE IS SUNSHINE!!!
Allow me to bask in it just a little longer...
Seriously, when I can't sleep at night, I dream up details of what kind of house I'd have, and where I'd live, if money were no object...For some reason, I always come back to Georgia (I've mentioned that before), and the beach...
Alabama would work, too...
Anywhere Southern, where the sweet tea runs through your veins, and the sand squishes between your toes...
Anywhere that isn't cold...
This winter has, to put it mildly, SUCKED. It's been brutal, and I'm pretty sure we're all suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder. In spite of copious amounts of OTC Vitamin D, I still feel like I haven't seen my friend, the Sun, in months and months of gray, clammy, cold, murderous winter...
I've lost more vacation days due to bad weather than to what I consider to be a true vacation, and I'm SO tired of it...
The Sun is shining outside of my office window,
And I can't help but open my windows, even though the air is chilly...
I've been listening to 93.7 The Bull in the mornings, because of the Bobby Bones show; they will periodically play a Jake Owen song, and I've kinda fallen in love with the guy. He sings my dream life--sunshine, the beach, and more sunshine. Of course, as a country singer he can't help but mention alcohol, which I can give-or-take...but his songs about the happiness of summer make me almost melancholy with longing.  I want to lie back on a Pontoon boat in the middle of a lake and Just. Get. Baked (no, not stoned-kind-of-"baked!" Sunburned!!!! Sheesh.). 
A true vacation is not in the budget this year...or probably, next year...The Cooley Camry has come to the end of her amazing tenure, and the search is on for a carseat-friendly, great-gas-mileage kind of car. I have no idea how, or when, but we know it has to happen this year. So, we forego sunshine and shopping, and possibly a kidney, and begin the search for a family-friendly, sensible car. (No, Dad, I will NOT drive a minivan!!!!!!).
So, I will have to make myself content with listening to Jake Owen sing about surfboards and barbecue (wait, does he have a song about that?!?), and dreaming about my Georgia beach house with the Southern wrap-around porch (with a hammock)....
Sigh...
P.S...This is not a "gripey" blog...this is just me missing summer....so don't hate. I currently love the sunshine that's pouring into my office, and I've loved that I've gotten to go outside for walks every day this week!  C'mon, warm weather!

1 comment:

  1. Your dream house sounds like my dream house. We should be neighbors in our dream houses!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive