Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happiness is...

Lots of people use blogs, Twitter, and Facebook as a method of virtual vomit. I see far more complaining done online than happy thoughts (I am occasionally guilty of it, myself). I, for one, would like to share some recent Happy Thoughts with you:
1.  I fixed our plumbing under our sink, and saved us from buying a $100 garbage disposal.
2. David did not kill me when I decided to dive under the sink in the attempt to fix said plumbing (my previous attempts at "fixing" plumbing have not gone well).
3.  David and I had an actual, honest-to-goodness DATE on Saturday! We went Roller Skating, and went to Bandana's.
4. Bandana's is NOT a calorie-killer. I was pleasantly surprised to splurge, but still remain under my daily calorie count (bring on the Summer BBQ! Oklahoma Joes, HERE I COME!)
5. Speaking of Calorie Count, www.MyFitnessPal.com is a fantastic site/app for tracking your intake. I love it.
6. David's mother is doing much better after her surgery. Initially, we didn't have that report, and things were not looking good. She's had some major improvement.
7.  We did not die on our Roller Skating Adventure. However, we didn't last more than an hour, and we gave up. We weren't mind-numbingly sore the next day, which was nice...but it will be a while before we try that again!
8. There is an abundance of babies being born in our church family...and for probably the first time, I got to hold 2 tiny baby girls, without having that awful hole in my heart threaten to swallow me. It was wonderful to hold baby girls and feel nothing but joy!
9. The sun is out today...I took a walk today...and my husband is currently helping me with the laundry (how DO 3 PEOPLE generate so much laundry?!?).  Also, we have new sheets, thanks to a surprise clearance at Target...and I'm thinking about redecorating the bedroom in butter yellow and gray.
10. The Happiest Thought of All:  My parents kept my son over the weekend. The first night, I felt like a black hole swallowed my house. Although that feeling dissipated over the next few days (thanks to regular updates and calls), words cannot describe the feeling that came over me when I got to my parents' house, went to the top of the stairs, and saw my little guy. As soon as he saw me, his face erupted into the biggest smile EVER. He crawled toward me as fast as he could; when I scooped him up, he started giggling and patting my face.
Yeah, I look like a heifer in this picture. I don't care. I'm grinning so big that my eyeballs have completely disappeared. That's my son...my love, my joy, and my promise. The second best part of that day was when David got home from work, and I got to watch the scene repeated between Father and Son. To me, that's love...I think this will always be one of my favorite pictures of the two of us.
We missed him so much...having him back just feels like home is home. I'm so thankful that Mom and Dad kept him for these 4 days...But I think it's going to be a while before we do that again!!!
(I am, to be honest, so well-rested that I feel like I went on a vacation....not gonna lie, I haven't slept that well in over a year:)
 
I have to wonder...Does God look that happy when His children come home to them?  I'm sure that's just a shadow of how He really feels...I want to bring Him that kind of joy every day...Parenting sure does teach you a lot about the Lord!!!!!
 
And there, people, are 10 Happy Thoughts to detour you from the Garbage Disposal called Facebook.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive